With a busy schedule, it can sometimes be hard to get a jump start in the mornings. Taking the time to prepare and plan your day can lead to more productive tendencies. I wanted to share with you five things that I do every morning to ensure that my day is productive.
STEP ONE: Breakfast
- Breakfast is really the most important meal of the day. Eating a healthy breakfast provides you with nutrients and energy to get you through those long days.
- I love pairing this strawberry rhubarb yogurt with granola and a hot cup of coffee.
STEP TWO: Get Inspired
- Put on some of your favorite music and set the tone of your day. If I am going to have a more relaxing day in the studio I put on The Decemberists.
- Once I have my music on, I look through artist books or magazines for inspiring images. Today I looked at “On Thin Ice,” a book by one of my favorite photographers, Paula McCartney.
STEP THREE: Plan
- Since I meet with a variety of clients and work with a number of deadlines , I always need to know my schedule for the day and the upcoming week. I like to review what I will be doing so that I can plan accordingly.
STEP FOUR: Set Goals
- Now that I know what my plan is for the day, I like to set a few goals that I hope to accomplish. Making a list helps me stay extra organized and I enjoy crossing things off once I completed them.
- When setting goals, think about what you have time for in your day and what you can get accomplished. Sometimes my daily goals end up taking a whole week!
STEP FIVE: Play
- Now that all that planning is done, it’s time for a little play. Playing with my cat, Oliver James, helps me relax. He puts me in a good mood that I can carry with me throughout the day!
Thanks for reading my tips on how to start your morning off with productivity in mind. Stay tuned for similar posts!