This recipe can be used and manipulated to create so many different types of bread and it is super simple to make. We have used it for bread loaves, naan, pizza dough, breadsticks and rosemary olive oil bread. Once you have the basic recipe, you can play around with different ingredients to create a custom bread. My favorite way to use this recipe is to simply make loaves of bread.
STEP ONE: Gather Ingredients
- 3 cups warm water
- 6 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp yeast
- 1 tbsp salt
- I am putting tomato slices and a little italian seasoning on my bread, feel free to use any other ingredients if you wish. This is a basic bread recipe that tastes great on its own and with other ingredients.
*Preheat oven to 450°
STEP TWO: Yeast
- Combine the yeast with the warm water and mix it in with the water. It should look something like the photos above.
STEP THREE: Flour
- Using the bread attachment on your mixer, mix in the flour and the yeast solution. I slowly increase the speed of my mixer until the flour is all mixed in. It’s okay if you don’t completely mix in the flour at this step.
STEP FOUR: Salt
- Slowly mix in the salt. Continue mixing the dough until the consistency is rubbery. If the dough is too sticky add more water. If the dough is too dry, add a little bit of water until it reaches a more rubbery texture.
- The dough should look similar to the one in the photo above.
STEP FIVE: Let rise
- Cover the dough and let rise for 2-5 hours.
- Once the dough has rises it should look similar to the dough in the image above.
STEP SIX: Prepare the pan
- Butter and flour a pan that you would like to use for baking the bread. I used an 8″ circular pan. I had some extra dough so I also used a smaller loaf pan.
STEP SEVEN: Fill the pan
- Fill the pan you are using up with dough. Let it rise for 20 min.
STEP EIGHT: Toppings
- If you want to add any toppings to your bread now is the time! I choose to add tomato slices, shredded Italian cheeses, and Italian seasoning.
- Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes at 450°
STEP NINE: Cool
- Let the bread cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Thanks for reading this week’s recipe. Stay tuned for more in the future!